The car battery is a seasonal item, although it is used in the car all year round. With the arrival of spring, the oil temperature in the engine increases, and the work required to scroll the crankshaft becomes easier – even an old battery can easily cope with this. In winter, the starter is not easy, which is why it needs more current. As a result, the battery may simply fail – the car owner will have to purchase a new one.
- What should I do when choosing a car battery?
- Best car batteries of 2021
- 10. Beast 6 ST-55
- 9. Delta GX 12-60
- 8. Varta Ultra Dynamic
- 7. Optima YellowTop
- 6. Exide Premium
- 5. Delkor 60L+
- 4. Akom Standart
- 3. Bosch S5 Silver Plus
- 2. Mutlu Calcium Silver
- 1. Tyumen Battery Premium
- In the conclusion of the video, how do I choose?
What should I do when choosing a car battery?
Before you buy a battery, you should carefully study all the nuances associated with it, only in this case will you be able to get reliable and durable products that will function correctly for several years.
First of all, pay attention to the overall dimensions of the product-the battery should fit well into the niche assigned to it in the engine compartment, trunk, and so on. It is very important to determine the polarity immediately. If the car itself is not a European Assembly, then the location of the terminals may differ greatly from the usual one. They look at the manufacturer, since its quality and duration of operation largely depend on which company produced this unit. Accordingly, this will also affect the cost.
We tried our best to make your life as easy as possible – in our rating of the best batteries, we took into account not only their main characteristics, but also a number of other important points: price-performance ratio, user reviews and professional reviews. As a result, it turned out to be quite a lengthy review, which, we think, will be very useful for those who are going to change the car’s battery.
Best car batteries of 2021
10. Beast 6 ST-55
This Russian brand has quite good current properties, the electrodes are stable from a mechanical point of view, which makes it possible to achieve a very long battery life. This model is perfect for harsh weather conditions. It is produced on the basis of calcium Plus (Ca/Sb) technology. This is a new development that is used in the production of batteries for cars not too long. It provides low electrolyte consumption, allows the product to withstand deep discharges. The probability that the battery will suddenly run out is almost zero.
In addition to lead, antimony is added to the alloy of the conductive plates at the positive terminal, which provides resistance to strong discharges. Negative plates are made of lead with added calcium, and they are virtually free from corrosion during operation due to ExMET technology, which significantly improves performance.
- Perfect for the harsh conditions of the Russian winter;
- Features improved electrode geometry;
- Conductive plates are manufactured using the latest technology, which significantly reduces shedding;
- The cover is completely sealed, flame arresters are built into the design, making the battery completely safe from the point of view of ignition.;
- The case is made of polypropylene, which not only withstands serious temperature changes, but also resists mechanical influences well.
- It weighs a lot;
- The service life does not exceed three years;
- Large dimensions, not suitable for every car.
9. Delta GX 12-60
This is a lead-acid construction, where the function of the electrolyte is performed by sulfuric acid condensed to a gel state. Thanks to this production technology, it is possible to provide good resistance to deep charges and stability in terms of temperature. The construct can be used in loop or buffer mode. Manufactured using GEL technology, the case is made of non-flammable ABS plastic. The average service life of the structure is 10-12 years. The battery can be operated in continuous charging mode or in charge-discharge mode. Internal resistance is minimal, self-discharge is also insignificant.
Overall dimensions are not too large, so it is well suited for many passenger cars, but it can be used in uninterruptible power supplies, telecommunications communication systems, Autonomous power supply systems, and so on.
- Quite a long period of operation;
- Stable temperature indicators;
- There is no need to worry about possible acid leaks, and the battery can be safely used in conjunction with other electrical equipment.;
- The battery does not emit harmful fumes, and natural ventilation is sufficient;
- No need to control the water level;
- The case is made of non-flammable materials.
- The high price;
- Incomprehensible marking on the case, which is why you can buy not a new, but a stale battery, respectively, it will serve less.
8. Varta Ultra Dynamic
This is one of the most reliable batteries that is perfectly suitable for urban and rural passenger cars. In such conditions, it is possible to achieve an excellent start of the car engine, even at low ambient temperatures. It performs its assigned duties well in the start-stop movement mode. If you compare this technology with a traditional lead-acid base, it will have a number of advantages, especially in the speed of charging and discharging. The production of these units is based on a new and unique AGM technique. In such a battery, the active mass will remain working throughout its entire service life, and it does not begin to melt. The batteries perfectly withstand any trip – short, long, at high speed, with constant stops. Due to such a battery, it is possible to provide good power.
A number of tests confirm the endurance of such a battery, and it is also completely safe during operation. To extend the service life of the unit, it is necessary to periodically perform preventive charging, which will help to cope with spontaneous discharge, and the battery itself will produce maximum current during operation.
- Very comfortable carrying handle;
- Robust housing, perfectly protected from leaks;
- In terms of dimensions, it is well suited for any passenger car;
- High quality.
- Depending on the model, the scroll current may be weak, so do not install it on cargo models or minibuses;
- To ensure a long period of operation, it will have to be taken care of in a certain way.
7. Optima YellowTop
This model is characterized by excellent durability, feels good in any conditions-cold, heat, humidity, dirt, strong vibration and so on. Regardless of this, the unit ensures smooth operation of the car. This battery allows you to provide high voltage throughout its entire service life. It is also characterized by a low internal resistance, which will be appreciated by fans of automotive sound. These batteries are installed on machines equipped with superior audio systems. The manufacturing technology of such devices combines well the positive properties of traction and starter batteries, regardless of the number of charges of the device, its capacity still remains at a high level.
The case of the device is completely sealed, does not allow leakage of electrolyte, the battery does not need special maintenance. It is also worth noting its convenient overall dimensions, which allow you to use this unit in almost any passenger car.
- Convenient overall dimensions, traditional terminal arrangement;
- Robust housing with extra leak protection;
- It provides the same voltage for the entire service life.
- Some users talk about the low quality of the electrolyte, which quickly fails;
- High cost.
6. Exide Premium
They are best suited for vehicle models equipped with a large number of different electronic devices. These products are based on Carbon Boost technology, which significantly reduces the battery charge time, reducing it by about one and a half times. This can be achieved by adding carbon additives to the electrodes with a negative sign. The model has a fairly high inrush current, according to the accompanying documentation, it reaches 640 A during its entire service life. By the way, the last one is not particularly big – on average, three years. If the battery lasts from five to seven years, then this can be considered a huge success.
- Perfectly starts the car even in very severe frosts;
- High-quality Assembly that does not allow leakage of electrolyte;
- Suitable for 90% of cars.
- You can’t find it in all car stores;
- Quickly approaching the end of their service life.
5. Delkor 60L+
This battery belongs to the premium segment, as it is usually installed on fairly expensive passenger cars, and it is covered by a four-year warranty with a declared service life of five years. However, in practice, it can work much longer – about 6-7 years.
Despite the fact that this unit belongs to the premium rank and has a fairly long service life, it does not have a very high price. Such a purchase will be quite reasonable and will pay well for itself during the entire period of operation. All metal parts perfectly resist the effects of corrosion. Positive and negative plates are made on the basis of an alloy of calcium and lead with the addition of a large amount of silver. The consumption of electrolyte due to the use of this technology is greatly reduced, so during operation it does not have to be refilled. The case can withstand any vibrations well, and there are no leaks in it. It has a flat bottom, which allows you to significantly protect the conductive plates from destruction during driving. The battery cover is connected to its body by so-called heat sealing, which ensures absolute tightness.
- High degree of reliability;
- The battery is absolutely safe to use;
- There is no leakage of electrolyte;
- It doesn’t need any maintenance.
- It is not so easy to find on sale.
4. Akom Standart
This is a model of Russian production, it is characterized by good manufacturing quality, and these batteries use only the latest technologies. Aggregates of this brand are quite popular. All conductive elements are made of lead fused with calcium according to the CA/CA method. The plates are additionally perforated, which makes it possible to obtain more durable products with high anti-corrosion characteristics. The use of calcium instead of antimony during the manufacture of the battery allows you to ensure high environmental performance of the device.
The product is not too expensive, it can work both on the technology of constant recharging, and on the method from charge to full discharge. The housing is reliably protected from electrolyte leaks, withstands vibration and other loads well, and does not require special maintenance during operation.
- Almost do not feel the voltage drops in the on-Board network of the car;
- They can withstand even strong vibrations well;
- Durability and stability.
- If you do not fully charge it, it may affect the correct operation of the product.
3. Bosch S5 Silver Plus
This is a starter model that has increased energy performance, largely due to this, this battery was in third place in our review. This unit is perfectly suitable for car models equipped with powerful engines and having a significant amount of electrical equipment on Board. With the help of this battery, you can achieve a fast and complete engine start, even at low ambient temperatures. These batteries are well suited for diesel engines.
The battery has an excellent reserve of reliability in case there are increased requirements for the equipment of the machine. The battery has a grid with an improved geometry pattern that reduces electrical resistance. Such grids are well protected from corrosion, and they are also more durable than other batteries. The case is reliable, well protected from the appearance of electrolyte leaks, and does not need to be refilled with water. It is absolutely safe during operation.
- High startup power;
- The model does not require maintenance for a sufficiently long period of operation;
- The case has no plugs, so even when the battery is turned over, there will be no leakage;
- The lid has effective flame arresters and a high-quality filter system, which also has a positive effect on the safety of operation.;
- Self-discharge is minimal.
- It’s quite expensive;
- It is not available in all car stores;
- If the temperature is too low, the electrolyte may freeze.
2. Mutlu Calcium Silver
One of the best battery models of this year, presented in our review, it has a high inrush current of 520 A. The electrodes contain calcium, which provides good protection against boiling, and this also has a positive effect on the self-discharge rate. The battery has an excellent ergonomic shape, which is well suited for any passenger car. All terminals are tightly closed with rubber dust covers, but they can be easily removed if necessary. The handle may seem a little weak, but it can withstand the weight of the battery well, and it will not cut your fingers.
Charging doesn’t take too long. The battery is maintenance-free, the maximum voltage is 12 V, and the design retains its functionality in the temperature range from -41 to +61 degrees. The battery weighs quite a lot – about 15 kg.
- Reasonable price;
- High quality workmanship;
- There is a charge indicator;
- Long service life.
- Don’t like long downtime of the vehicle;
- Not serviced.
1. Tyumen Battery Premium
An excellent model that rightfully took first place in our review of the best batteries: it is one of the cheapest on the market, but the quality is quite high. According to user reviews, it is also in the lead. However, it is not so easy to find it in stores – you have to order directly from the manufacturer. The dimensions are not too large, so this design is perfect for most passenger cars. It has a rather high mass – over 17 kg, the handle seems weak, and it will also cut your fingers.
There are unscrewable plugs on the roof where distilled water will have to be poured, and it is also recommended to open them if the battery was too low. The device is covered by a two-year manufacturer’s warranty, but the warranty period is counted from the moment of production, not sale, so the newer the battery, the better.
- Very reliable build;
- If necessary, you can even maintain it yourself;
- Reasonable price;
- Domestic production.
- It is difficult to find, often there are fakes.