*Review best according to redakciey. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective in nature, is not an advertisement, and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Our experts have prepared a rating of the 8 best collars for cats, selecting the most popular ones from a large number of models.
What to pay attention to when choosing a cat collar
- View.Decorative ones are a common decoration. They can be inlaid with stones, various beads, embroidery and so on. Antiparasitic drugs are used during the period of tick and flea activity. They allow you to protect your pet from insects and diseases carried by them. The effect of such collars is temporary, so they should be changed after the expiration date. GPS collars are the most expensive. With their help, it is easy to track the movements of the animal and quickly find it in case of loss. Some models can also monitor the health of the cat by sending a report to the owner’s smartphone in a special application. Reflective or luminous elements ensure safety, especially in the dark. Wearing such a collar, you do not have to worry that the pet will be knocked down on the road. Collars with bells are designed for active animals who like to hunt. Every time they move, they make a sound that warns, for example, a bird or rodent that a cat is nearby.
- Size. Most models have a standard size, as well as a length control, which makes it easy to adjust the collar to fit your pet. However, before you go shopping, measure the cat’s neck circumference with a meter-long tape. Add two centimeters to the resulting figure to get the optimal value. There should be a gap of at least one and a half centimeters between the pet’s neck and the collar. Check it out by sticking one or two fingers in, which should pass easily.
- Comfort.Choose products made of pleasant materials, where the side edges are rounded. Only then will it be possible to avoid rubbing and damaging the cat’s coat. A wide collar should be preferred to a narrow one, since it is practically felt on the animal’s neck. The inside of the collar should be smooth.
Rating of the best collars for cats
|The best collars for cats from ticks and fleas||1||Bayer Bolfo||425 ₽|
|4||Agrovetzashchita “bars” (AVZ)||179 ₽|
|Best glowing dog collars for cats||1||Hunter Smart Neon||284 ₽|
|Best GPS collars for cats||1||Tagg The Pet Tracker||4 190 ₽|
|2||TC-Star||6 200 ₽|
The best collars for cats from ticks and fleas
In the first place of the rating is a collar with high efficiency, impregnated with propoxur. This active ingredient is gradually released from the PVC tape, thereby being transferred to the cat’s coat, scaring and killing insects, including ixodic ticks. To avoid side effects, you should follow all the manufacturer’s recommendations.
it does not irritate the skin;
no sensitizing effect;
suitable for small cats.
- relatively expensive – 1200 rubles.
On the second line is a collar made of PVC. The active substance here is diazinone. It is absolutely safe for cats, but causes paralysis and subsequent death of insects that are on the pet’s body. Effectively fights lice, fleas, ticks, hair eaters. The collar is suitable for animals starting from the age of two months. The composition also includes lavender and Margosa oil.
validity period – 4 months;
it is water-resistant, so you don’t have to take it off during washing;
the budget price is 300 rubles.
- it is not revealed.
The third position is occupied by a collar with diazinone and citronella essential oil. These components are harmful to mosquitoes, lice, fleas, hair eaters, and ixodid ticks. Released from the collar surface, they accumulate in the cat’s epidermis, sebaceous glands, and hair follicles. The collar can be used for kittens from the age of two months. Suitable for pregnant and lactating females.
substances are not absorbed into the animal’s bloodstream;
cheap price – 65 rubles.
- short duration of action – 2 months.
Agrovetzashchita “bars” (AVZ)
The fourth is the collar, where diflubenzuron and fipronil act as active components. The substances have a pronounced activity against fleas, hair eaters, lice, and ixodic ticks. The product can be used for prevention. Suitable for use on kittens when they reach the age of two months.
- the components are harmless to the health of cats;
- disrupts the larval development process;
the optimal duration of action is 4 months;
the budget price is 170 rubles.
- not suitable for females in the last third of pregnancy, as well as nursing.
Best glowing dog collars for cats
Hunter Smart Neon
In the first place in the category is a collar made of nylon and decorated with a small bell. It has a secure fastener, which, when caught on an object, spontaneously undoes, protecting the cat from damage (suffocation, fractures, and so on). The slider is made of plastic. It allows you to adjust and fix the length.
width-1 cm, length-24 cm;
affordable price-260 rubles.
- a little harsh.
The second position goes to a reflective collar with a bell-shaped decoration. The model is suitable for cats of any age, as the size is customized individually. Made of stretchy yet durable nylon, which is overlaid with PU leather. Provides safety for your pet in the dark.
beautiful reflective insert;
affordable price – 200 rubles.
- it is not revealed.
Best GPS collars for cats
Tagg The Pet Tracker
In the first place is a GPS collar that has a sensor that tracks the activity of the animal, as well as the air temperature, which allows the owner to understand how comfortable the pet is in each specific place. As noted by users, cats are quite comfortable in the collar, they quickly get used to it and stop feeling uncomfortable.
easy and fast tracker setup;
long-term offline operation.
paid route tracking;
only the current location is available;
The second is an electronic collar with a tracker that has a dual positioning mode. Allows you to determine the coordinates, even if the animal is in a closed room and there is no direct satellite access. You can check your location directly from the website, smartphone app, or by receiving a link to the map via SMS. Support for iPhone and Android OS. The cat is comfortable in the collar, so the animal quickly adapts and stops paying attention to the device.