*Review best according to redakciey. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective in nature, is not an advertisement, and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Compressor-a device designed to saturate water with oxygen and mix water flows, is considered one of the necessary elements of each aquarium. In practice, in small “banks”, the compressor can be easily replaced with a filter with aeration function.
What is the best filter or compressor for an aquarium
PROVIDES A HIGH DEGREE OF AERATION
ATTACHMENTS, HOSES, AND VALVES ARE SOLD SEPARATELY
YOU CAN ADJUST AND DISTRIBUTE THE AIR SUPPLY
IT MAKES A LOT OF NOISE DURING OPERATION
ELIMINATES THE APPEARANCE OF STAGNANT AREAS
NOT ALL MODELS CAN PERFORM THE ROLE OF A COMPRESSOR
SIMULTANEOUSLY FILTERS, AERATES AND MIXES WATER
THE QUALITY OF AERATION IS GETTING WORSE WITH TIME
IF THE AQUARIUM IS MORE THAN 50 CM HIGH, A “FREEZING ZONE” IS CREATED AT THE BOTTOM.”
In General, for a small aquarium (up to 50 liters), especially in the presence of live plants, a filter will be sufficient. In large volumes, aquariums without plants or inhabited by certain fish species (for example, cichlids), as well as in high-temperature water, the filter can not cope with the tasks of the compressor.
What to pay attention to when choosing a compressor for an aquarium
- Type.Membrane models practically do not wear out and do not require interruptions in work. They consume less energy, but they do not develop as much power as reciprocating compressors designed for aeration of large aquariums (conventionally from 150 liters).
- The source of supply.Most devices are powered by the power grid. If such a device is not equipped with a non-return valve, then if the light is suddenly turned off, water from the aquarium can flow through the compressor to the floor, not to mention that the fish will remain without aeration. There are also options for battery-powered compressors: they are usually small, portable, and have less power. In everyday life, it is useful to have both options: the main electric compressor and a spare battery-powered one.
- Power outputit is measured in liters per hour and shows how much air will be supplied to the aquarium per unit of time. The minimum capacity can be calculated by the formula: 0.5 l / h for each liter of water in the aquarium.
- Depth the platform on which the compressor can be installed also plays an important role. The heavier the water column that the unit will have to overcome during operation, the more energy will be spent on this work.
- Opportunityadjust the voltageand, accordingly, the volume of air supplied is useful, but not present in all models of compressors.
- Availability of an air filter which will purify the air from dust and other impurities before feeding it to the aquarium.
- Noise level. All compressors are noisy, but to varying degrees. If the aquarium is located in the bedroom, then it makes sense to buy a relatively quiet model, spending a little more money, but be prepared for the fact that you will not be able to completely get rid of the noise.
A rating of the best compressors for aquarium
|Best powerful compressors for aquariums||1||Eheim 400||3 030 ₽|
|2||JUWEL ECCOFLOW 600||2 120 ₽|
|3||Tetra APS 300||1 488 ₽|
|4||SCHEGO M2K3||3 070 ₽|
|Best compressors for small aquariums||1||Schego “Optimal”, 250 l / h||2 169 ₽|
|2||Aquael Oxyboost 150 plus||799 ₽|
|3||Sera Air 110 Plus||1 700 ₽|
|Best portable air compressors for aquariums||1||Hagen Marina||1 399 ₽|
Best powerful compressors for aquariums
Models from this part of the rating differ in the best indicators of power and energy consumption. Such a device can be safely placed in a large and deep aquarium.
The perfect price – performance ratio allowed the eheim compressor to take a well-deserved first place. The name reflects the performance of the device-400 l / h, while it consumes only 4 W and provides a head power of up to 2 m. the Model has two channels that can be adjusted independently of each other, and is designed for an aquarium of 50-400 liters, and the design of the device allows you to serve several “cans” at the same time, in total not exceeding this volume.
When placing the compressor, you can use anti-vibration rubber feet or a mount for hanging in a convenient place – in any case, the device will work quite quietly. The sprayers included in the kit are attached to the aquarium wall with a suction Cup and are equipped with a system for regulating the size of bubbles and the strength of the air flow. The compressor is suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
The cost of the device starts from 2500 rubles.